The Howell House located in Nashville, Tennessee was built in 1869 by Morton B. Howell. He lived there till his death in 1909. The house subsequently became a funeral home and then a home for wayward children. The house was falling into disrepair when it was acquired by the law firm of Parker and Crofford. The law firm has now restored the house to its original Empire grandeur.