Benson Science Hall, Vanderbilt University
Oil on Canvas
14" X 11"
Victorian style Benson Science Hall, was erected in 1880. Originally machine shops and steam boilers for the new campus were in the basement, classrooms were on the upper floors. Old Science and Old Central have survived more than one master plan for the campus that called for their removal. In 1983, the two buildings were connected creating a single unit that today houses the English and History departments.